Membership with FVMBA has changed!
You may have noticed that you received a reminder recently indicating that your membership expires on December 31st. FVMBA is moving to a ‘calendar year’ membership renewal period (valid January 1-December 31) and when you purchase your membership you will receive your annual membership card, stickers and other goodies in the mail! This change is to make it easier for our members to know if they are in good standing, as well as reduce the amount of administration that goes with tracking everyone’s renewal independently throughout the year.
FVMBA Members NOW Get Discounts & Special Offers at Local Businesses who are Membership Supporters.
Click here to see FVMBA Member discounts and offers provided by our Local Business Membership Supporters.
Top 10 Reasons to become a FVMBA Member:
- You want a say in what happens to the trails–our mountain biking playground–members have a say at local meetings and get to vote at the AGM!
- You use the trails in the Fraser Valley and you want to see them maintained.
- You want to experience new trails and see the current trail network grow.
- You love to ride!
- You want to join us for a ride.
- You want to volunteer with us on trail days and at events.
- You want to give back to the trails that give so much to you!
- You want to show your support by flashing your member card and flaunting your FVMBA sticker.
- You want to earn discounts and promos with FVMBA partners .
- You ROCK!
– shout out to UROCumberland for inspiring us to create the top 10!
Membership with FVMBA allows you to participate in all of our activities, rides, and events!
Corporate Members also get:
- Online ad space on the FVMBA website
- Shout-out in social media and in an eNewsletter
- “Proud to be a FVMBA Corporate Member” poster
- Show your support and display the FVMBA Corporate Member logo on your website and in other promotions
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Join
Become a Member Today!
Participation in races, training rides, and FVMBA sanctioned trail events require the completion of Form 8011c (Please print Form 8011c, fill-in and bring it to the event).
Where does the money go?
The money that is collected from members is used to support the FVMBA and its activities. A small portion of the funds go to administrative expenses (mailers, registration fees, etc.) while the rest goes back into the trail network. Your area representative can give you a more detailed breakdown about how membership dues are spent.
What does it mean to be an Active Member?
Becoming an active Member of the FVMBA means that you a play a role in building and maintaining the trails in the Fraser Valley so they are safe and enjoyable for all!
Your membership dues:
- Provide funding towards materials, tools, and equipment for our volunteers and trail builders
- Fund labour costs associated with building new trails
- Voting rights for the Board of Directors at our Annual General Meeting
We’re thankful for your contributions, the FVMBA runs primarily off individual and corporate donations and without these important factors the FVMBA would not exist.
For more information about becoming a Member, email email@example.com.